Contact: Laurie Fulton - Elections Supervisor|
8700 Hospital Drive - First Floor, Douglas County Courthouse
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
- Fax: 770.920.7410
The Board of Elections and its Supervisor are responsible for conducting all elections in such a manner as to guarantee the secrecy of the ballot, and perform other duties as may be prescribed by law. These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, receiving and determining the sufficiency of nomination petitions of candidates filing notice of their candidacy; appointing and conducting training for poll managers and poll workers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; receiving the returns from all elections, computing, certifying and publicly announcing the results as soon as is practicable; preparing an annual budget and making and issuing such rules, regulations and instructions consistent with law as deemed necessary for the guidance of poll officers, custodians and electors in primaries and elections.
Douglas County Board of Elections and Registration
- Sylvanus L. Burney
- Bob Camp
- Meredith Hendricks
- Ingrid Landis-Davis
- John T. Lawrence
IMPORTANT 2014 ELECTION DATES
- April 21,2014. Voter Registration Deadline for May 20, 2014 Primary Election
- April 28 - May 16, 2014. Advance Voting. Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. at the Douglas County Courthouse
- May 10, 2014. Saturday advance voting at the Main Courthouse 9AM - 4 PM.
- May 12-16, 2014. The last week before the election, you may vote at any of these advance voting sites from 8:00 AM until 5:00, Monday through Friday
- Douglas County Courthouse, 8700 Hospital Dr. Douglasville.
- Boundary Waters Aquatic Center, 5000 GA Highway 92/166
- Deer Lick Park, 2105 Mack Rd. (off Fairburn Rd./Georgia highway 92 at the traffic light in front of Mt Carmel Elementary School)
- Dog River Library, 6100 Highway 5
- Old Douglas County Courthouse, 6754 Church Street, downtown Douglasville.(parking available at the new convention center parking deck)
Parking is most plentiful at Boundary Waters Aquatic Center and at Deer Lick Park. Past elections have shown the shortest lines have been at Dog River Library and Deer Lick Park.
- May 20, 2014. Primary Election
- July 22, 2014. Primary Run-Off Election
- October 6,2014. Deadline to register for November 4, 2014. Election
What you need to know about voting!!
- How do I register to vote?
There are several options.
- Since you are reading this on-line you might want to access the voter registration application online. You can now register online. Click HERE to register online.
- If you do not wish to register on-line, you can fill out the form on-line, print it, sign it and mail it to Voter Registration, 8700 Hospital Dr. Douglasville, GA 30134. Click HERE to connect to the form.
- If you prefer, you can register to vote when you get your Georgia Driverís license.
- You may come to the Douglas County Courthouse and register in person in the Voter Registration office on the first floor.
- You may also register to vote when you apply for a Library card.
- Do I need identification to register to vote?
If you are registering by mail for the first time in the state of Georgia, you need to provide a copy of either your Driverís license, passport, utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, or work/school ID card. If you were previously registered in another county in GA, you do not need to provide any documentation. Just complete a registration form with your new address.
- How often do I need to register to vote?
Only as often as you move or change your name if you vote regularly. You can always check to see if you are registered at www.sos.ga.gov/mvp.
- I moved. Do I need to register to vote?
YES The elective offices that you are eligible to vote for are based on the address that you reside at.
- How will I know that I have been registered to vote?
You will receive a precinct card in the mail which will give you lots of important information. It will inform you which precinct to go to on Election Day to cast your vote. It provides you the Election days of the current Calendar year. It informs you which Congressional, State House and Senate, County Commission and School Board districts you are in. It also informs you which City Ward you are in if you live within the city limits of Douglasville or Villa Rica. Just because your address is Douglasville or Villa Rica you may not live within the city limits. You could also have a Lithia Springs address but reside in the city limits of Douglasville.
The Voter Registration Office maintains the records of registered voters for Douglas County and the cities of Douglasville and Villa Rica. Citizens of Douglas County can register to vote Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays in the voter registration office, lower level courthouse. Registration forms may also be completed in all of the county libraries during normal operating hours. Deadlines for registering to vote are generally thirty days prior to a primary or election. It is only necessary to register to vote one time for all elections. Absentee ballot applications may also be completed 180 days in advance of an election in this office during normal business hours. The Voter Registration Office provides lists of registered voters to candidates for Public office.
A sample ballot is available on the My Voter Page for voters who are entitled to vote in their elections.
Once a voter goes to the MVP and enters their required information in the form, www.sos.ga.gov/mvp. it should then pull up their voting precinct as well as supply the voter with a link to click on to display their sample ballot.
Protocol for Meetings of the Board of Elections and Registrations for Douglas County
The Board of Elections and Registrations meets at 5:00 p.m. on the 2nd Thursday of each month in the Board of Elections office.
- Board meetings are public meetings and not meetings of the public; however, any Douglas County citizen may request the opportunity to communicate with the Board; and be recognized to speak regarding appropriate issues, on the decision of the chairman. Persons desiring to communicate with the Board representing another citizen or group of citizens shall submit a written request to the Elections Supervisor stating their name, home address, telephone number and the topic about which they wish to speak and the group they represent, if applicable, no later than 3 working days prior to the next scheduled Board meeting. Other Douglas County citizens as individuals, not part of a group, wishing to address the Board must provide their name, address, telephone number and subject to the Elections Supervisor by 12 noon of the meeting day. Individuals and/or groups who have addressed the Board previously may be denied the opportunity to address the Board again on the same topic.
- The Board will usually not respond to comments or questions posed by citizens during the Board meeting, but will take those comments and questions under advisement. When appropriate, the comments and questions shall be referred to an executive session for consideration and a later response. The Board vests in its chairperson or other presiding officer authority to determine whether it is in the interest of the board to allow any individual or group to make an oral presentation before the Board. Persons who are granted the opportunity to speak will be recognized by the chairperson at the appropriate time during the meeting. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. If there are numerous requests to address the Board the Chairperson may select representatives to speak on each side of the issue. The Board also vests in its chairperson or other presiding officer, authority to terminate the remarks of any individual who does not adhere to the guidelines established by the Board.
PARTY PRIMARIES AND NONPARTISAN ELECTION SET FOR MAY 20TH (Read more...)|
- Absentee Ballot Application (mail or fax to County Registrar)|
- Georgia Secretary of State Web Site - Elections
General information for registration, election results, information for candidates, local elections office, military and overseas voters and frequently asked questions.
- MVP - My Voter Page
Sample ballots, poll locator, vote by mail information and application, early voting locations, elected officials, registration information on file with the County office, and more
- Online Voter Registration
Welcome to the State of Georgias Online Voter Registration System. You may use this system to (1) Register to vote in Georgia or (2) change your name and/or address on your current registration record.
- To register to vote, click here.
- Voter Quick Access
Quick links to voter registration and precinct locations + a lot more!
Candidates Qualifying for the 2014 Elections in Douglas County
Douglas County Map Outlining Voting Precincts
Sample Ballot: Democratic Party Primary and Nonpartisan General Election Ballot for May 20, 2014
Sample Ballot: Republican Party Primary and Nonpartisan General Election Ballot for May 20, 2014
View archived documents
Frequently asked questions|