Festival T-shirt Logo
September Saturdays is the largest annual festival and community event in Douglas County. Its sole purpose is to foster community by creating an event where any resident, regardless of situation, can come and enjoy fun, fellowship, camaraderie, and inclusion. A community only gets stronger when it communicates!
September Saturdays is unique in that it is held on two consecutive Saturdays in September, so that people have two chances to attend. There is no cost to attend - charging for any festival feature might preclude someone from coming, and this festival is for everyone. Festival expenses are paid by Douglas County and the generosity of community-minded businesses, so that the festival, parking and all features can have free admission.
September Saturdays is held inside and on the grounds of the Douglas County Courthouse, 8700 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, Georgia 30134. Parking is available on the Courthouse grounds and on surrounding properties. A free van shuttle service is provided from adjacent parking areas.
It's our 12th year - and it's bigger and better than ever! Come join us!
Festival Features Each Saturday
11:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Festival with 8:00 p.m. Movie
- Community Marketplace with over 100 vendors
- Choral Concerts on the Courthouse Steps every 30 minutes beginning at 12 noon
- Food Court (non-competitive) featuring:
- ColdStone Creamery (ice cream, toppings)
- Johnny's NY Style Pizza (pizza slices)
- Chick-fil-A (chicken nuggets and sandwiches, chargrilled salad, chicken salad sandwiches)
- Sydcam (Italian ice, snow cones, cookies)
- Buckner Family (funnel cakes, boiled peanuts)
- Kettle Corn (kettle corn)
- Shane's Rib Shack (ribs, pork, chicken, cobbler)
- Burke's Grille (mac and meat)
- JAM Sisters (hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers, Philly Cheese steak, curly fries, fried pickels, smoothies, nachos)
- R and D (frozen lemonade, ice cream bars)
- Children's Play Area with inflatable games and Animal Shelter pet adoptions
- Family Amusement Rides
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Water Wonders
- Fire Safety House
- Computerized Child ID Program
- 8 p.m. Outdoor Family Movie (bring your own seating)
- and a lot more!
Festival t-shirts are available for the first time - see the beautiful logo designed by artist Rick Parker! Order yours now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, September 20th: Family Day + Special Olympics Car, Truck and Bike Show
Family Day was great with thousands of people attending and having a wonderful time!
See you this Saturday, the 27th, for Heroes Day + the Touch-a-Truck Experience!
Saturday, September 27th: Heroes Day + Touch-a-Truck Experience
Heroes Day salutes our everyday heroes - the men and women who serve us, protect us, and teach us: firefighters/EMTs/paramedics, law enforcement, 911 operators, active military, reserves, veterans and teachers.
Heroes Day features the Touch-a-Truck Experience where the young - and the young at heart - can climb in, under, over and enjoy fire engines, military vehicles, law enforcement equipment and vehicles, and much more! Bring your camera! Meet and thank your everyday heroes! The Touch-a-Truck Experience will be located in the Festival's feature area.
Cobb and Douglas Public Health will offer confidential HIV testing on Heroes Day so be a hero and get tested.
The Douglas County Lions Club will offer free vision testing on Heroes Day inside the Douglas County Courthouse, and give you information on assistance you may need for prescription glasses and other vision services.
Free Activities Include:
- Spot the Firedog Moonwalk
- Big Red Fire Truck Slide
- Dinoland Kiddie Play Zone with Rock Climb, Slide and Jumping Floor
- Express Train
- Teacup Spin Ride
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Pet Adoptions
- Fire Safety House
- Vision Screenings by the Lions Club
- Computerized Child ID by the Flint Hill Masons
- Veterans Administration Mobile Jobs Trailer
- Middle Ages Reenactments by the Society for Creative Anachronism
Be a Vendor in the Community Marketplace!
Reach 20,000+ festival-goers each Saturday!
- Booths are $75 per space per week for an approximate 12' x 12' area in the Courthouse parking lot.
- Vendors provide their own tent, tables, chairs, signage, etc.
- Grassy areas are not available to vendors; all tents will be atop asphalt and must be stabilized with weights.
- Electrical power is not available to vendors.
- Only non-food vendors accepted. The Food Court is already set and sold out for the Festival.
- There are Rules and Regulations for Vendors that must be agreed to for participation. These Rules and Regulations are viewable/downloadable from the right-hand side of this web page.
On-line vendor registration is now open by clicking here: SeptemberSaturdays2014.eventbrite.com. Vendor registration by downloadable/mailable form is now open as well (registration form is downloadable form the right-hand side of this web page, below the sponsor listings).
Communities in Schools of Douglas County
The proceeds from vendor space rentals in the Community Marketplace go to benefit Communities in Schools of Douglas County, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that provides after-school programs and mentoring for Douglas County School System students. The Mission of Communities in Schools is to help young people successfully learn, stay in school, and prepare for life. No tax dollars can be used for this program, so it is dependent on grants and donations to help at-risk students become a success. For more information, please call Mitzi Teal, CISDC Executive Director, at 770.651.2039.