- Human Resources Director, Frederick Perry
8700 Hospital Drive - First Floor, Douglas County Courthouse
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
HOW TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS
- Faxes are not accepted
- Email to:email@example.com
- Mail to:
Douglas County BOC
Human Resources Department
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134
If you already have an active application on file and want to apply for an open position, do not complete another paper application. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Human Resources Department at 770.920.7264.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A JOB WITH THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Douglas County BOC. Please follow these guidelines as you seek to begin your career with Douglas County.
Human Resources Department Overview:
- Click on the blue link titled "Application for Employment" located on the right hand side of this page under "Downloadable Documents". Download the application to your computer and print it. Applications can also be obtained from the Human Resources Department on the 1st floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
- Currently advertised positions are listed on the right hand side of this page. To view the job ad, click on the blue link of the job title that interests you. The job ad reflects the application deadline date and time, a job summary, the minimum qualifications, starting salary etc.
- Applications remain on file for one year from the date you originally apply for a position. During that year do not complete another paper application.
- If you want to apply for another position, email your request to email@example.com or call Human Resources at 770.920.7264.
- Only ONE paper application per person, per year. You must submit a completed application. Resumes may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not be considered.
- Do not submit separate applications for multiple jobs. List the multiple job titles on the application in the "Position(s) Applied For" field.
- Application fields must be filled out entirely. Resumes are not a substitute for a completed application.
- Applications are accepted for currently advertised positions only. Do not submit an application for positions that are not advertised; such applications will not be considered.
- Do not submit an application after the job ad closing date and time; such applications will not be considered.
- Mailed applications must be received in Human Resources by the job ad closing date and time. Post marks are not considered.
Douglas County Board of Commissioner's policy is to provide equal opportunity employment to all persons; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap. The Human Resources Department is open from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
The HR Department serves both internal (employees) and external (citizens) customers. For our citizens, the primary purpose of the Department is to receive and screen applications for employment with Douglas County Government.
The Department's internal customers, County employees, utilize the Department for various reasons such as assisting in the recruitment processes: preparing and submitting job descriptions and advertisements; facilitating background checks, scheduling pre-employment physical examinations and drug tests; and conducting New Hire Orientations.
New hires, transfers, promotions, demotions, terminations, and disciplinary procedures are all coordinated through the Human Resources Department. These procedures are normally initiated by the respective Department head with guidance and administrative support from this Department.
All of the County employees' benefits are administered through the Human Resources Department. These include, but are not limited to: medical and dental insurance, unemployment insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Plan, COBRA, and retirement. Any County employee needing information or assistance in any of these areas should contact the HR Department.
The Payroll Office of the Finance Department, not the Human Resources Department, issues employee paychecks. The HR Department processes all of the salary changes that result from new hires, promotions, demotions, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases, across-the-board raises and any adjustments to pay brought about by decisions made by the Board of Commissioners or department heads. This includes the monitoring of all employee evaluations that may also be used in determining salary changes.Record Keeping:
All employee personnel files relative to their work history at Douglas County, are stored within the HR Department. The Department also keeps separate files on individual medical, Worker's Compensation, and retirement savings. To a limited extent, the Department continues to store files on former employees, although these are purged periodically, as permitted by law.
Security and Immigration Compliance:
O.C.G.A. 13-10-91 (2009) Verification of new employee eligibility, applicability, rules and regulations
(a) Every public employer, including, but not limited to, every municipality and county, shall register and participate in the federal work authorization program to verify employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Upon federal authorization, a public employer shall permanently post the employer's federally issued user identification number and date of authorization, as established by the agreement for authorization, on the employer's website.
Douglas County Company ID Number: 112382
Date of the MOU: 04/08/2008.