Living. Growing. Prospering.
Douglas County Fire Department, located just west of Atlanta is pleased to announce the opening of full time firefighter/EMT positions.
Our combined Fire/EMS department provides emergency medical services to a suburban community of approximately 202 square miles.
Shifts are rotated on a 24 hour on duty/48 hour off duty schedule and staff assignments include positions on an ambulance, engine, truck or heavy rescue.
All required training will be conducted in house.
Starting Salary $34,060/yr. (Increases to $37,550/yr. after licensed at the level of EMT/Firefighter. Both courses are offered in house).
Benefits include health and dental coverage, defined benefit pension plan, life insurance and more.
None exempt employees are eligible for overtime.
1. PENDING Applications will be accepted by the Douglas County Courthouse. Applications can be emailed, mailed or hand delivered. Click here for application and additional submission instructions. How to Submit Applications:
2. PENDING Applicants will need to complete the Accuplacer exam. The Accuplacer exam is offered at most technical colleges. Accuplacer exam results dated on or after 5/11/2017 will be accepted. Candidates will need to complete the following areas: Reading and Comprehension, Sentence Skills and arithmetic. Submit Accuplacer exam results to:
4. PENDING Preliminary Interviews with training staff, background check completion and applicant ranking.
5. PENDING Oral interviews with command staff
6. PENDING Polygraphs
7. Job Offers will be made to the top ranking applicants based upon the results of the hiring process.
8. A medical screening will be conducted after a conditional job offer is made.
** Applicants who are offered a Firefighter/EMT Recruit position with the Douglas County Fire Department will be required to sign an "Agreement for Reimbursement". This contract will include the applicant's agreement to work a minimum of two (2) years with Douglas County Fire Department. ** A copy of this agreement can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are offered a conditional job offer from Douglas County Fire Department will begin the recruit academy on 6/18/2018.
The recruit academy will begin with a basic firefighter recruit program, graduating recruits with an NPQ 1 certification. After successful course completion, recruits will then transition to a Georgia Department of Public Health ("GDPH") approved EMT/AEMT program.
Click HERE to see previous Douglas County Fire Department Recruit Classes.
|SUB DEPARTMENTS/MORE INFO|
Fire Prevention Bureau - Fire Education - Station Tours|
Burning Permits and Reports
<< Hiring Process / Recruit Academy