Living. Growing. Prospering.
Our combined Fire/EMS department provides emergency medical services to a suburban community of approximately 202 square miles.
Shifts are rotated on a 24 hour on duty/48 hour off duty schedule and staff assignments include positions on an ambulance, engine, truck or heavy rescue.
All required training will be conducted in house.
Starting Salary $34,060/yr. (Increases to $37,550/yr. after licensed at the level of EMT/Firefighter. Both courses are offered in house).
Benefits include health and dental coverage, defined benefit pension plan, life insurance and more.
None exempt employees are eligible for overtime.
1. 8/07/2017 - 8/25/2017 Applications will be accepted by the Douglas County Courthouse. Applications can be emailed, mailed or hand delivered. Click here for application and additional submission instructions. How to Submit Applications:
2. 8/07/2017 - 09/01/2017 Applicants will need to complete the Accuplacer exam. The Accuplacer exam is offered at most technical colleges. Accuplacer exam results dated on or before August 7th, 2012 will be accepted. Submit Accuplacer exam results to:
Equivalent examinations accepted are Compass, SAT or ACT exams that have been taken on or before August 7th, 2012.
3. 9/11/2017 - 9/14/2017 Physical Agility Testing. All components will be demonstrated during the applicants testing time slot and a release of liability form must be completed. Components of the physical agility requirements include:
4. 9/11/2017 - 9/14/2017 Preliminary Interviews with training staff, background check completion and applicant ranking.
5. 9/11/2017 - 9/14/2017 Oral interviews with command staff
6. 9/18/2017 - 9/21/2017 Polygraphs
7. Job Offers will be made to the top ranking applicants based upon the results of the hiring process.
8. A medical screening will be conducted after a conditional job offer is made.
** Applicants who are offered an EMT/Recruit position with the Douglas County Fire Department will be required to sign an "Agreement for Reimbursement". This contract will include the applicant's agreement to work a minimum of two (2) years with Douglas County Fire Department. ** A copy of this agreement can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Applicants who are offered a conditional job offer from Douglas County Fire Department will begin the recruit academy on 10/9/2017.
The recruit academy will begin with a Georgia Department of Public Health ("GDPH") approved EMT/AEMT program. After successful course completion, newly hired employees will be able to start field operations pending the next Douglas County Fire Department Fire Recruit Class (offered in fall and spring).
Click HERE to see previous Douglas County Fire Department Recruit Classes.
|SUB DEPARTMENTS/MORE INFO|
Fire Prevention Bureau - Fire Education - Station Tours|
Burning Permits and Reports
<< Hiring Process / Recruit Academy