Department of Transportation
Department of Transportation
Contact: Miguel Valentin - Director
8700 Hospital Drive - First Floor, Development Services, Douglas County Courthouse
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
Phone: 770 920 4924
- Fax: 770 920 4933
To operate, maintain, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
- Maintain safe roadway infrastructure; resurfacing, right of way management, bridge and guardrail.
- Manage planning & programming activities for county transportation initiatives.
- Install & maintain signs, pavement markings, & traffic signals.
- Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance.
- Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects.
If you have road concerns, such as potholes or sinkholes, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 678 626 0158. TRAFFIC SIGNALS
To report Traffic Signal Malfunction, please call 404 787 6324 - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, holidays included. If email is preferred, please send concerns to email@example.com STREET SIGNS
To report STOP or YIELD signs down or missing, please call 404 456 2127 immediately from the hours of 8am-5pm during normal business hours. After 5 pm, please direct calls to 911.
All other street sign issues may be called anytime to 770 920 7572 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
24 hours a day. STREET LIGHTS
For all issues associated with street lights (such as outages), please call your local power provider:
Georgia Power: 888 891 0938 or visit https://customerservice.southerncompany.com/Outage/StreetLight.aspx
Greystone Power: 866 473 9786 or visit https://forms.greystonepower.com/forms/wss/form84.html
2017 RESURFACING PROGRAM
Revised list: 04/06/2017
Resurfacing for 2017 will begin late Spring/early Summer. List of approved roads are located on the right as downloadable documents, or you can click the links here: 2017 LMIG List , 2017 SPLOST List
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT PROJECT UPDATES
RESIDENTIAL DRIVEWAY PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Please find the Residential Driveway Permit Application located on the right as a Downloadable Document. You can complete this and email it email it to: email@example.com or deliver it to Traffic Operations located on the First Floor of the Douglas County Courthouse at 8700 Hospital Dr, Douglasville, GA 30134 (located in Development Services).
GDOT PROJECT UPDATES
- LEE ROAD WIDENING PROJECT, PHASE II: SOUTH FROM I-20 TO FAIRBURN ROAD
Right-of-way acquisitions are currently underway; GDOT let date for construction unknown
- LEE ROAD PHASE I: 1-20 TO BANKHEAD HIGHWAY
Currently not funded
- STEWART MILL RD @ YANCEY RD/WEST STEWART MILL RD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Reconciling right-of-way issues; construction date unknown
SR 8/US 78/Bankhead Highway Intersection Improvements with CR 268/Mann Road/Mason Creek Road and CR 808/Post Road. For more details see GDOT PROJECTS links on SIDEBAR.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT ADMINISTRATION STAFF
- For roads within the City of Douglasville, please call 770 920 3005 or visit www.ci.douglasville.ga.us.
- For roads which are State Routes (SR5, SR92, SR6, SR 166, & Hwy 78), call 404 559 6699 or 770 986 1011 or visit http://www.dot.ga.gov/AboutGDOT/Districts and select: Douglas/District 7.
- For information about the SR92 Relocation Project, call 770 920 3000 or visit www.gahwy92.com
- For travel and road conditions, call 877 694 2511 from a landline, dial 511 from your cell phone or visit www.georgia-navigator.com.
- For all drainage and storm water issues call the Douglasville-Douglas County Water and Sewer Authority at 770 949 7617 or visit http://www.ddcwsa.com/.
- For Douglas County School Bus routes and to report an issue, call 770 651 2400.
- For information about local Van Pools, Rideshare, and the GRTA Xpress bus services, call 770 949 7665.
- For information about Georgia Drivers Licenses, call 678 413 8400 or visit http://www.dds.ga.gov/.
- For all Douglas County government related questions, call the Board of Commissioner's helpdesk at 770 949 2000.
Mihaela Valeanu, Land Acquisition Coordinator
770 920 7340 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandi Peck, P.E., Program Delivery Manager
678 626 5645 email@example.com
Todd Perkins,Construction/Utility Engineer
678 626 5643 firstname.lastname@example.org
ATLANTA REGIONAL COMMISSION
PLAN 2040: REGIONAL LAND DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION PLAN
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is updating its regional land development and transportation plan, PLAN 2040. It has currently, and will have throughout the year, a series of online public meetings for those who want to access how this plan impacts them and to give us feedback at their convenience. Please visit the ARC website at www.AtlantaRegional.com/Transportation/Plan-2040
to get information and provide feedback on Plan 2040.