GDOT CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES I-20 EB from MP 26 (Liberty Road) to MP 34 (SR 5) VARIOUS LANE CLOSURES JOINT SEALING AND ASPHALT EFFECTIVE NOW THRU 5/5/2014 9PM - 6AM SR 92 from Lake Monroe to Pine DR One left Lane Closed MILLING/ RESURFACING EFFECTIVE NOW THRU 5/15/2014 9AM – 5AM
If you have road concerns, please contact us at email@example.com. You can use this to report potholes, malfunctioning traffic signals, damaged or missing roadway signs (except STOP signs) For STOP signs down or missing, please call 770.920.4932 immediately from the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, M-F and after 5:00 PM, on weekends & holidays, please call 911. Please note that this email address is not monitored 24/7.
To operate, maintain, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
- Maintain safe roadway infrastructure; resurfacing, right of way management, bridge and guardrail.
- Manage planning & programming activities for county transportation initiatives.
- Install & maintain signs, pavement markings, & traffic signals.
- Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance.
- Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects.
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT PROJECT UPDATES
- LEE ROAD INTERCHANGE PROJECT
Construction is underway. The Contractor is McCarthy Improvement Company. The projected completion date is October 2015.
- LEE ROAD WIDENING PROJECT - PHASE II - SOUTH FROM I-20 TO FAIRBURN ROAD
Right-of-way acquisitions are currently underway. The GDOT let date for construction is June 2014.
- LEE ROAD PHASE I - 1-20 TO BANKHEAD HIGHWAY
Currently not funded
- STEWART MILL RD @ YANCEY RD/WEST STEWART MILL RD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Reconciling right-of-way issues; construction date unknown
2014 RESURFACING PROGRAM
2014 RESURFACING PROGRAM - RESURFACING IS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN SPRING/SUMMER 2014 - THEY ARE LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER. THE ACTUAL ORDER FOR ROADS TO BE RESURFACED IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. LIST OF APPROVED ROADS LOCATED UNDER DOWNLOADABLE DOCUMENTS ON RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS WEB PAGE
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
- FOR INFORMATION ON ROADS LOCATED WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF DOUGLASVILLE, PLEASE CALL 770.920.3005 or VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT www.ci.douglasville.ga.us
- FOR INFORMATION ON SR92 RELOCATION PROJECT GO TO www.gahwy92.com
- FOR INFORMATION ON STATE ROUTES (SR5, SR92, SR6, SR166, & US HWY 78) , PLEASE CALL 404.559.6699.
- FOR TRAVEL AND ROAD CONDITIONS CALL 877.694.2511 OR DIAL 511 FROM YOUR CELL PHONE
- FOR THE GDOT (TMC) TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT CENTER OR VISIT THEIR WEBSITE www.georgia-navigator.com.
- FOR THE DOUGLAS COUNTY-DOUGLASVILLE WATER & SEWER AUTHORITY (DRAINAGE & ALL STORM WATER ISSUES) CALL 770.949.7617.
- FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION AND BUS INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 770.651.2400.
- FOR INFORMATION ABOUT VAN POOLS, RIDESHARE AND THE GRTA XPRESS BUS SERVICES IN DOUGLAS COUNTY, PLEASE CALL 770.949.7665.
- FOR GEORGIA DRIVERS LICENSE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 678-413-8400.
- FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION/TAG OFFICE, PLEASE CALL (770) 949-2309.
PLAN 2040: THE ATLANTA REGIONAL COMMISSION REGIONAL LAND DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION PLAN
ARC is currently updating its regional land development and transportation plan, PLAN 2040. It has currently, and will have throughout the year, a series of online public meetings for those who want to access how this plan impacts them and to give us feedback at their convenience.
Please visit the ARC website on Plan 2040 to get information and provide feedback. Click here to access the ARC web site:
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Cathy Duke, Administrative Assistant to the Director
Mihaela Valeanu, Land Acquisition Coordinator
Bobby Elliott, Maintenance Division Manager
For after hour or weekend emergencies, please dial 911
Report Road Concerns