If you have road concerns, such as potholes, sinkholes, damaged or missing roadway signs (except STOP signs), you may email [email protected] or call 678.626.0158.
To report Traffic Signal Malfunction, please call 404.787.6324- 24 hrs. a day, 365 days a year, holidays included. If email is preferred, please send concerns to [email protected]
To report STOP signs down or missing, please call 404.456.2127 immediately from the hours of 8am-5pm during normal business hours. After 5 pm, please direct calls to 911. If preferred you may send an email to [email protected] 24 hours a day.
For all issues associate with street lights (such as outages), please call your local power provider.
Georgia Power: 888-891-0938
Greystone Power: 866-473-9786
To operate, maintain, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
- Maintain safe roadway infrastructure; resurfacing, right of way management, bridge and guardrail.
- Manage planning & programming activities for county transportation initiatives.
- Install & maintain signs, pavement markings, & traffic signals.
- Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance.
- Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects.
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT PROJECT UPDATES
- LEE ROAD INTERCHANGE PROJECT
Construction is underway. The Contractor is McCarthy Improvement Company. The projected completion date is October 31, 2015.
- LEE ROAD WIDENING PROJECT - PHASE II - SOUTH FROM I-20 TO FAIRBURN ROAD
Right-of-way acquisitions are currently underway. The GDOT let date for construction is December 2015.
- LEE ROAD PHASE I - 1-20 TO BANKHEAD HIGHWAY
Currently not funded
- STEWART MILL RD @ YANCEY RD/WEST STEWART MILL RD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Reconciling right-of-way issues; construction date unknown
2015 RESURFACING PROGRAM
2015 RESURFACING PROGRAM - RESURFACING IS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN SUMMER 2015 - LIST OF APPROVED ROADS WILL BE ADDED SOON.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
- FOR INFORMATION ON ROADS LOCATED WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF DOUGLASVILLE, PLEASE CALL 770.920.3005 or VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT www.ci.douglasville.ga.us
- FOR INFORMATION ON SR92 RELOCATION PROJECT GO TO www.gahwy92.com
- FOR INFORMATION ON STATE ROUTES (SR5, SR92, SR6, SR166, & US HWY 78) , PLEASE CALL 404.559.6699.
- FOR TRAVEL AND ROAD CONDITIONS CALL 877.694.2511 OR DIAL 511 FROM YOUR CELL PHONE
- FOR THE GDOT (TMC) TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT CENTER OR VISIT THEIR WEBSITE www.georgia-navigator.com.
- FOR THE DOUGLAS COUNTY-DOUGLASVILLE WATER & SEWER AUTHORITY (DRAINAGE & ALL STORM WATER ISSUES) CALL 770.949.7617.
- FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION AND BUS INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 770.651.2400.
- FOR INFORMATION ABOUT VAN POOLS, RIDESHARE AND THE GRTA XPRESS BUS SERVICES IN DOUGLAS COUNTY, PLEASE CALL 770.949.7665.
- FOR GEORGIA DRIVERS LICENSE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 678-413-8400.
- FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION/TAG OFFICE, PLEASE CALL (770) 949-2309.
PLAN 2040: THE ATLANTA REGIONAL COMMISSION REGIONAL LAND DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION PLAN
ARC is currently updating its regional land development and transportation plan, PLAN 2040. It has currently, and will have throughout the year, a series of online public meetings for those who want to access how this plan impacts them and to give us feedback at their convenience.
Please visit the ARC website on Plan 2040 to get information and provide feedback. Click here to access the ARC web site:
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Cathy Duke, Administrative Assistant to the Director
Mihaela Valeanu, Land Acquisition Coordinator
Report Road Concerns
For after hour or weekend emergencies, please dial 911