ROAD CLOSURE ALERT!!
DOUGLAS HILL ROAD FROM THORNTON ROAD (SR 6) to SIX FLAGS ROAD WILL BE CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC BEGINNING ON/OR AROUND WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 21, 2015 UNTIL JULY 7, 2016 DETOUR SIGNS WILL BE IN PLACE For questions or concerns, Please Contact: Brandi Peck, Program Delivery Division Manager, DCDOT 770.920.4932 678.626.5645 email@example.com.
If you have road concerns, such as potholes, sinkholes, damaged or missing roadway signs (except STOP signs), you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678.626.0158.
To report Traffic Signal Malfunction, please call 404.787.6324- 24 hrs. a day, 365 days a year, holidays included. If email is preferred, please send concerns to email@example.com
To report STOP signs down or missing, please call 404.456.2127 immediately from the hours of 8am-5pm during normal business hours. After 5 pm, please direct calls to 911. If preferred you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours a day.
For all issues associate with street lights (such as outages), please call your local power provider.
Georgia Power: 888-891-0938
Greystone Power: 866-473-9786
To operate, maintain, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
DOT FUNCTIONSMaintain safe roadway infrastructure; resurfacing, right of way management, bridge and guardrail.Manage planning & programming activities for county transportation initiatives. Install & maintain signs, pavement markings, & traffic signals.Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance.Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects.
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT PROJECT UPDATES
LEE ROAD WIDENING PROJECT - PHASE II - SOUTH FROM I-20 TO FAIRBURN ROAD
Right-of-way acquisitions are currently underway. The GDOT let date for construction unknown.LEE ROAD PHASE I - 1-20 TO BANKHEAD HIGHWAY
Currently not funded STEWART MILL RD @ YANCEY RD/WEST STEWART MILL RD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Reconciling right-of-way issues; construction date unknown
SR 8/US 78/Bankhead Highway Intersection Improvements With CR 268/Mann Road/Mason Creek Road and With CR 808/Post Road- SEE PROJECT DESCRIPTION ON THE SIDEBAR
2016 RESURFACING PROGRAM-REVISED 6-28-16
RESURFACING FOR 2016 WILL BEGIN LATE SPRING/EARLY SUMMER- LIST OF APPROVED ROADS ARE ON SIDEBAR
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
- FOR INFORMATION ON ROADS LOCATED WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF DOUGLASVILLE, PLEASE CALL 770.920.3005 or VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT www.ci.douglasville.ga.us
- FOR INFORMATION ON SR92 RELOCATION PROJECT GO TO www.gahwy92.com
- FOR INFORMATION ON STATE ROUTES (SR5, SR92, SR6, SR166, & US HWY 78) , PLEASE CALL 404.559.6699.
- FOR TRAVEL AND ROAD CONDITIONS CALL 877.694.2511 OR DIAL 511 FROM YOUR CELL PHONE
- FOR THE GDOT (TMC) TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT CENTER OR VISIT THEIR WEBSITE www.georgia-navigator.com.
- FOR THE DOUGLAS COUNTY-DOUGLASVILLE WATER & SEWER AUTHORITY (DRAINAGE & ALL STORM WATER ISSUES) CALL 770.949.7617.
- FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION AND BUS INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 770.651.2400.
- FOR INFORMATION ABOUT VAN POOLS, RIDESHARE AND THE GRTA XPRESS BUS SERVICES IN DOUGLAS COUNTY, PLEASE CALL 770.949.7665.
- FOR GEORGIA DRIVERS LICENSE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 678-413-8400.
- FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION/TAG OFFICE, PLEASE CALL (770) 949-2309.
PLAN 2040: THE ATLANTA REGIONAL COMMISSION REGIONAL LAND DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION PLAN
ARC is currently updating its regional land development and transportation plan, PLAN 2040. It has currently, and will have throughout the year, a series of online public meetings for those who want to access how this plan impacts them and to give us feedback at their convenience.
Please visit the ARC website on Plan 2040 to get information and provide feedback. Click here to access the ARC web site:
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT ADMINISTRATION STAFF
Cathy Duke, Administrative Assistant to the Director
Mihaela Valeanu, Land Acquisition Coordinator
Brandi Peck, P.E. , Program Delivery Mgr.
Todd Perkins,Construction/Utility Engineer