DOUGLAS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY ANNOUNCES FIVE JURY TRIAL GUILTY VERDICTS IN 10 DAYS
Douglas County District Attorney Ryan Leonard announces five jury trial guilty verdicts in 10 days to begin 2019. The defendants tried and convicted include individuals convicted of Armed Robbery, Aggravated Battery, Domestic Violence, White-Collar Insurance Fraud, and a repeat offender convicted of his 8th felony for burglarizing a Douglas County home.
Most of the convicted defendants are awaiting sentencing. Details on their trials are listed below:
- Elijah Seals - Convicted of Armed Robbery of a 55-year-old woman at gunpoint at a Shell Gas Station. Douglas County Superior Court Judge William H. "Beau" McClain sentenced Seals to 25 years with the first 15 years in prison. Assistant District Attorney Joe Cusack prosecuted the case.
- Roy Boone Bright - Convicted for Residential Burglary and Theft By Taking. Douglas County Superior Court Chief Judge David T. Emerson sentenced Bright to 25 years in prison as a repeat offender for his now 8th felony conviction. Assistant District Attorneys Sean Garrett and Kristen Judd prosecuted the case.
- Raheem Taylor - Convicted of Insurance Fraud and False Report of a Crime for a scheme to defraud Insurance companies in August of 2016. Sentencing is scheduled for February 27th in front of Douglas County Superior Court Judge Cynthia C. Adams. Assistant District Attorney Brett Adams prosecuted the case.
- Xavion Martin - Convicted of Aggravated Battery for his role in fracturing the primary facial bone with the butt of a shotgun of a 17-year-old victim. Sentencing is scheduled for February 18th in front of Superior Court Chief Judge David T. Emerson. Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney Steve Knittel prosecuted the case.
- Eric Simon - Convicted of Aggravated Assault and Family Violence Battery for strangling his girlfriend who was six months pregnant at the time. Sentencing is scheduled for February 18th in front of Superior Court Judge William H. "Beau" McClain. Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney Sam Newman prosecuted the case.
PHOTO: Pictured from L-R: Steve Knittel, Joe Cusack, Sam Newman, Sean Garrett, Brett Adams, Kristen Judd