Department of Transportation
The Department of Transportation (DOT) mission is to operate, maintain, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
- Install and maintain signs, pavement markings, and traffic signals
- Maintain safe roadway infrastructure; resurfacing, right of way management, bridge and guardrail
- Manage planning and programming activities for county transportation initiatives
- Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects
- Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance
If you have road concerns, such as potholes or sinkholes, you may email Road Conditions or call 678-626-0158.
To report Traffic Signal Malfunction, please call 404-787-6324 - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, holidays included. If email is preferred, please email concerns to Road Conditions.
To report Stop or Yield signs down or missing, please call 404-456-2127 immediately from the hours of 8 am to 5 pm during normal business hours. After 5 pm, please direct calls to 911.
All other street sign issues may be called anytime to 770-920-7572 or emailed to Transportation, 24 hours a day.
For all issues associated with street lights (such as outages), please call your local power provider:
Georgia Power: Call 888-891-0938 or visit the Georgia Power website
Greystone Power: Call 866-473-9786 or visit the Greystone Power website
2019 Pavement Condition Assessment
These lists provide a relative comparison of road pavement conditions. Pavement condition index (PCI) is 0 to 100 with 0 being poor, and100 being excellent. Downloadable road list in alphabetical order and by District are located below:
- Assessment All Roads Alphabetical Order (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 1 (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 2 (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 3 (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 4 (PDF)
Residential Driveway Permit Applications
Please view the Residential Driveway Permit Application (PDF). You can complete this and email it to Driveways or deliver it to Traffic Operations located on the 1st Floor of the Douglas County Courthouse at:
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134
- 04-2015 Douglas County Transportation Services Study - Kickoff Meeting Slides - April 2015 (PDF)
- 07-2015 Douglas County Transportation Progress Report (PDF)
- 08-2015 Douglas County Transportation Services Study - Project Update (PDF)
- Douglas County 2019 Title VI Complaint Form (PDF)
- Douglas County 2019 Title VI Program Plan (PDF)
- Maxham Road-Thornton Road Intersection Improvements - Conceptual Layout (PDF)
- Maxham Road-Thornton Road Intersection Improvements - Project Vicinity Map (PDF)