Engineering & Transportation (Formally DOT)
Restructure Effective September 2021
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners restructured the Department of Transportation in September of 2021. Under the new structure Road Maintenance is now part of Public Works under the Directorship of Heath Cowart. The Engineering & Transportation Department was created & oversees Program Delivery, Utility Permits & Traffic Operations under the Directorship of Miguel Valentin.
Engineering & Transportation Mission
The Engineering & Transportation mission is to operate, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
- Install and maintain signs, pavement markings, traffic signals, & traffic studies.
- Manage planning and programming activities for county transportation initiatives
- Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects
- Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance
To report Traffic Signal Malfunction, please call 404-787-6324 - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, holidays included. If email is preferred, please email concerns to Road Conditions.
To report Stop or Yield signs down or missing, please call 404-456-2127 immediately from the hours of 8 am to 5 pm during normal business hours. After 5 pm, please direct calls to 911.
All other street sign issues may be called anytime to 770-920-7572 or emailed to Transportation, 24 hours a day.
For all issues associated with street lights (such as outages), please call your local power provider:
Georgia Power: Call 888-891-0938 or visit the Georgia Power website
Greystone Power: Call 866-473-9786 or visit the Greystone Power website
2019 Pavement Condition Assessment
These lists provide a relative comparison of road pavement conditions. Pavement condition index (PCI) is 0 to 100 with 0 being poor, and100 being excellent. Downloadable road list in alphabetical order and by District are located below:
- Assessment All Roads Alphabetical Order (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 1 (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 2 (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 3 (PDF)
- Roadway Assessments District 4 (PDF)
Residential Driveway Permit Applications
Please view the Residential Driveway Permit Application (PDF). You can complete this and email it to Driveways or deliver it to Traffic Operations located on the 1st Floor of the Douglas County Courthouse at:
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134
- Douglas County 2019 Title VI Complaint Form (PDF)
- Douglas County 2019 Title VI Program Plan (PDF)
- Maxham Road-Thornton Road Intersection Improvements - Conceptual Layout (PDF)
- Maxham Road-Thornton Road Intersection Improvements - Project Vicinity Map (PDF)
- Residential Driveway Permit 11-23-21
- Roadway Assessment All Roads Alphabetical order (PDF)