Elections & Voter Registration
The Board of Elections and its Director are responsible for conducting all elections in such a manner as to guarantee the secrecy of the ballot, and perform other duties as may be prescribed by law.
These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Appointing and conducting training for poll managers and poll workers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Preparing an annual budget and making and issuing such rules, regulations and instructions consistent with law as deemed necessary for the guidance of poll officers, custodians and electors in primaries and elections.
- Receiving and determining the sufficiency of nomination petitions of candidates filing notice of their candidacy
- Receiving the returns from all elections, computing, certifying and publicly announcing the results as soon as is practicable
General Election is November 3, 2020. Polls will be open 7am - 7pm.
THERE ARE SEVERAL 3RD PARTY GROUPS SENDING OUT ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS. YOU MAY USE ANY OF THEM AS LONG AS IT HAS YOUR CORRECT NAME, ADDRESS, DOB AND YOU SIGN IT. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION AND IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO SEND MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR THIS ELECTION. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESUBMIT.
The absentee applications that were mailed out to all Douglas County active/inactive voters on behalf of the Elections & Registration office were funded by a grant and not by county tax payer dollars.
If you submitted an absentee ballot application and checked that you are elderly/disabled then you will receive a ballot for the whole election cycle. There is a message on the application indicating this.
IF YOU MEET ONE OF THE DESCRIBED CONDITIONS IN THIS SECTION AND WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE A MAIL BALLOT FOR THE REST OF THE ELECTIONS CYCLE WITHOUT ANOTHER APPLICATION, INDICATE BY CHECKING THE APPLICABLE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT.
This does not mean you have to use the mail ballot, you are always welcome to vote in person but we do ask that you bring the ballot with you and surrender it. Please put the ballot inside the envelopes and Write "spoiled" on both sides of the outside envelope.
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections web page contains general information for registration, election results, information for candidates, and more
- My Voter Page contains sample ballots, a poll locator, vote by mail information and application, early and more
- Online Voter Registration - Register to vote in Georgia or change your name and/or address on your current registration record
- Poll Worker Job Openings - Under the direction of the Douglas County Election Board, the Poll Worker ensures the eligibility of voters and explains voting procedures to ensure the conduct of a fair and accurate election
We welcome your feedback! Please find Douglas County Voting Survey (PDF) in the right-hand column, under Downloadable Documents. Complete the form, save, and email to our office or print and mail to our office.
- Where do I go to vote?
- What are the acceptable forms of ID that must be presented to vote?
- How often do I need to register to vote?
- I just moved, Do I have to change my voter registration?
- Where can I pick up the form to register to vote?
- Can I vote by absentee ballot?
- What identification do I need to register to vote?
- School is in session; do I vote at the same place?
- Can I vote at any polling place on Election Day?
- Who is my representative?
- I just got my driver's license; why am I not registered to vote?
- How can I get an absentee ballot?
- How do I know where to vote?
- I heard that I can absentee vote for no reason. Is this true?
- I heard that I can advance vote. Where do I go for that?