Development Authority of Douglas County
- No. of Members: 9
- Term Length: Four Years
- Term Limit:None
- Compensation: None
- Training Required: None
- Meeting Schedule: Monthly, 3rd Friday @ 9:00 a.m., 8512 Bowden St.
- Members are appointed by BOC
The Authority’s mission is to bring quality jobs and opportunities for the citizens of Douglasville and Douglas County through continued growth in new and existing industry and the redevelopment of obsolete retail centers.
Created in 1973 by the Douglas County Board of Commissioners, the Development Authority is governed by a nine member Board of Directors and is staffed by an Executive Director, Marketing and Retail Specialist and Administrative Assistant. The Development Authority of Douglas County is an independent agency charged with Economic Development for both Douglas County and Douglasville.
- Increase the local tax base
- Increase Jobs
- Improve the quality of life through increased economic opportunity
- Over $1 billion in new investments have been made in Douglas County in the past five years through the efforts of the Development Authority.
- We work toward our mission using the philosophy of “if we Can’t, Don’t or Won’t, someone else Can, Do or Will.” Using this as our guide, we strive to meet the needs of business at the speed of business. No project has left Douglas County because the Development Authority could not respond to their needs.
- The Development Authority of Douglas County provides:
- Confidential Site Selection & Marketing Service
- Program Financing and Incentives
- Demographics and Community Information
- Fast Track Permitting
- Government Liaison Services
- Local Traffic Counts
- Aerial Photography
- Zoning Information
- Residential and Commercial Building Trends
Our state of the art Information Center is available for detailed information about specific parcels and available land, industrial, commercial and retail space. Some information available through this service is: Zoning, Future Land Use, Topography, Aerial Photography, Demographics, Tax history, Owner of record, specific building data and more. Prospects, Developers, Brokers, Property and Business owners are invited to use this facility to help meet their business needs.