The full board meets at least 12 times per year, usually on the third Wednesday of each month, from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm. If this schedule poses problems for you, please advise the board of directors.
Individual Board Members Responsibilities
- Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events.
- Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on committees and offer to take on special assignments.
- Inform others about the organization.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization.
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Attend meetings consistently with no more than 2 absences per calendar year, prepare for meetings, participate fully, and otherwise fulfill my obligations to Douglas County Travel and Tourism.