- Douglas County will be allowed one drop box which will be located inside the courthouse, availability will be Monday thru Friday 8am -5pm.
- Absentee applications must be received at least 11 days prior to an election. Any application received after this deadline will be rejected.
- Absentee applications can be requested no more than 78 days prior to an election. Any application received before this, will be rejected.
- Absentee application request must be on an "official" form supplied by the Secretary of State's office.
- Signature is required on ballot envelope (though not required to be compared) and date of birth are required of everyone. A DL#/ID# is required if a voter has either. If the voter doesn’t have either a DL#/ID#, the last four of SSN are required. If the voter has no SSN, they must provide HAVA ID with the ballot (and we’re working on the process to check for that without accessing the ballot.)
- No person or entity other than a relative authorized to request an absentee ballot for such elector or a person signing as assisting an illiterate or physically disabled elector shall send any elector an absentee ballot application that is prefilled with the elector's required information.
- No person or entity other than the elector, a relative authorized to request an absentee ballot for such elector, a caregiver signing as assisting an illiterate or physically disabled elector with his or her application, or any official agent of the election office shall handle or return an elector's completed absentee ballot application.
- All electors will be required to vote at their assigned precinct, you will not be allowed to vote provisional before 5pm.
- Elector can only use pen or pencil to mark their Absentee Ballot, any other writing utensil will used will void the Absentee Ballot.