For Immediate Release: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
CONNECT DOUGLAS DISCUSSES FIXED ROUTE BUS SERVICE SCHEDULE
Forum Scheduled for Wednesday, February 1, 2023, at 10:00 AM
Connect Douglas, the commuter-focused public transit program of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners through its Department of Multi-Modal Transportation Services, is proposing to continue weekly operations of the Fixed Route Bus service on the current Saturday schedule of 7:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Connect Douglas began operating the bus service on the Saturday schedule for each of its four routes (10/20/30/40) at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 under the advisement of local, state, and federal government officials and public health professionals. In accordance with those public and government health agencies, Connect Douglas also supported social distancing while riding. All employees and drivers were instructed to best protect themselves and others against the transmission of the COVID-19 virus as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Buses continue to be cleaned daily with weekly deeper sanitization.
Connect Douglas proposes to continue weekly operations on the Saturday schedule of 7:00 am – 8:00 pm for each of the four Fixed Bus Routes (10/20/30/40). To gather feedback and discuss this proposal, Connect Douglas will hold a public open forum on Wednesday, February 1, 2023, from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at the Connect Douglas Multi-Modal Transportation Center (MMTC) at 8800 Dorris Road, Douglasville, GA 30134.
Connect Douglas welcomes the public to the MMTC for more information regarding the Fixed Route Bus service, schedules, and all current transit services. The forum will be held before the Douglas County Board of Commissioners public hearing at their regularly scheduled Board meeting at 10:00 am on Tuesday, February 7, 2023, at the Douglas County Courthouse, 8700 Hospital Drive, Douglasville, GA 30134, for the purposes of obtaining public input before the adoption of the Fixed Route Bus service Saturday operating schedule.
In addition to the public forum, Connect Douglas will accept comments and questions on the bus service through emails and letters until Monday, February 6, 2023. The email address is email@example.com. The mailing address is Connect Douglas, 8800 Dorris Road, Douglasville, GA 30134.
For more information, contact Connect Douglas at 770-949-7665 or the Connect Douglas Compliance Officer at 770-920-7519.
About Connect Douglas Fixed Route Bus
Connect Douglas operates public bus services within Douglas County on four fixed routes. Each operating bus is equipped with FREE Wi-Fi and security cameras for riders. FREE transfer tickets to other bus routes upon request from the driver.
- Route 10 & Route 20: Serves downtown Douglasville and the Highway 5/Stewart Parkway/Douglas Boulevard/Hospital Drive area.
- Route 30: Serves Thornton Road south of I-20 and Riverside Drive west to American Red Cross and Tributary.
- Route 40: Serves downtown Lithia Springs and connects the Douglasville Routes 10 and 20 to the Thornton Road/Riverside Route 30. Route 40 also connects with CobbLinc to provide access to the Atlanta H.E. Holmes MARTA station.
- Flex Route: The bus can deviate from the designated route to pick up a rider within one mile of the Fixed Route area. Pick-up must be scheduled.
- ADA Paratransit: Bus service available to seniors and persons with disabilities with locations outside of the designated fixed routes. A simple certification must be completed, and an ADA Paratransit trip must be scheduled.
Fixed Route Bus Fares
- $2.50 – Standard one-way pass
- $1.00 – Students, senior adults, individuals with disabilities
- $25.00 – 10-day trip pass
- $75.00 – 31-day pass
- Additional discounts are available on multi-trip passes for students, senior adults, individuals with disabilities
For route schedules and more information, visit ConnectDouglas.com or call 770-949-7665.
Stay connected on Facebook and Instagram @connectdouglas or PassioGo!
in the Apple App or Google Play Store.