Contact: Heath Cowart - Director
Solid Waste and Recycling Programs
1730 County Services Road - Cedar Mountain Landfill
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
Please Note: County Services Road used to be called Humane Society Boulevard, and MapQuest and other GPS devices still recognize the old street name. If you have problems locating us using the County Services Road address, please try 1730 Humane Society Boulevard.
The Cedar Mountain Landfill services thousands of citizens and commercial accounts each month. The Landfill and its solid waste and recycling programs are required by law to be self-sufficient that is supported by user fees (tipping fees) as opposed to tax dollars. The user fees go into the Landfill Enterprise Fund, which is responsible for all expenses incurred at the Cedar Mountain facility such as future landfill space development, construction, all operating expenses (salaries, insurance, equipment purchases and maintenance, office supplies, etc.), landfill closure expenses and 30 years of post-closure monitoring. No tax dollars are spent for solid waste operations in Douglas County. Hours of Operation Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Weigh-in Scales close at 5:00 p.m. Closed Sundays and the following Holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Day (third Monday in January)
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Thanksgiving Friday (day after Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Eve (December 24th)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
In case a holiday falls on a Sunday, other days may be substituted.
- Commercial Refuse Out of County: $60.00/ton (averages to $.03 per pound)
- Commercial Refuse In County Only $48 ton
- Household Refuse: $7.00/load up to 300 pounds
- Household Refuse County Residents Only over 300 .lbs $48 ton
- Household Refuse with recycling: $5.00/load up to 300 pounds
- Recycling Only: No Charge
- Construction/Demolition Waste: $60.00/ton ($.03 per pound)
- Vegetative Waste (clean, with no other waste included): $60.00/ton ($.03 per pound)
- Tires up to 17" in diameter: $5.00 each
- Tires larger than 17" in diameter: $15 each
- Freon-loaded items (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners): $16.00 each
- Wood Chips/Mulch: Free (if you load it yourself)
- Out-of-County Waste: $60.00 per ton
- Out of County Refuse up to 300 pounds: $18 per load, over 300 pounds prorated at $.03 per pound
Prohibited Disposal Items
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Freon-loaded items
- Vegetative Waste (clean)
- Scrap Metal
- Aluminum Cans
- Scrap Aluminum
- Motor Oil
- All Paper Products
- Auto Batteries
- Electronics (no televisions or monitors)
- Cooking Oil
Loading and Unloading Your Vehicle
- Liquid Wastes
- Biomedical Wastes
- Radioactive Waste
- Hazardous Waste
Proper loading of your vehicle is very important for easy use of the landfill facilities. All recyclable items should be able to be unloaded first. Next should be all household garbage (kitchen, bathroom or bedroom garbage). All non-household garbage, both residential and commercial, should be loaded last. Yard waste should also be separated from the rest of the load and taken to the proper area.All loads must be covered and secured.
Uncovered loads, littering, illegal dumping, and scavenging are strictly prohibited, and violators will be prosecuted.You Only Pay for What You Throw Away
Upon entering the Landfill, you will be directed to the Scale House where it will be determined what is being carried on your vehicle.
Wood Chips and Mulch
- If you have recyclables only, you will be directed to the Recycling Center.
- If you have household garbage only or household garbage with recyclables, you will pay the clerk and be directed to the proper location.
- If you have commercial garbage or any non-household garbage, including yard waste or construction debris, you will be required to have your truck weighed before you unload and after you unload.
- If you have recycling along with your commercial or non-household garbage, you will be asked to unload those items before weighing in so that you will not be charged for these items.
- If you are required to weigh in and weigh out, the computer will figure the difference between the two weights and generate the appropriate fee charge.
All clean and un-bagged vegetative waste (yard trimmings, limbs, grass clippings, stumps, trees, branches, and garden residuals, etc.) received at the landfill is chipped or composted. The resulting wood chips, mulch, and compost are available free of charge to non-commercial customers if you load it yourself.
Camp Road Convenience Center
The Camp Road Convenience Center is located in the Fairplay community on Camp Road just south of the Georgia Highway 166, and near the intersection of Georgia Highway 166 and Post Road. The operating hours are Monday through Friday from 12:00 noon - 6:00 p.m., and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The Camp Road Convenience Center accepts residential-only refuse and limited recycle items.
- No commercial disposal is allowed, and no construction/demolition or vegetative waste is accepted at this location.
- Recycle items accepted are mixed paper, aluminum cans, and glass bottles and jars.
- The maximum size load allowed is a pick-up truck bed loaded evenly with the top of the bed.
- Fees are $7.00 per load without recycle items, or $5.00 per load with recycle items.