Department of Transportation
Department of Transportation
Contact: Miguel Valentin - Director
8700 Hospital Drive - First Floor, Development Services, Douglas County Courthouse
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
Phone: 770 920 4924
Fax: 770 920 4933
To operate, maintain, expand, and develop a safe efficient balanced transportation system that supports existing and future travel demand by offering viable multiple mode choice alternatives that meet quality of life expectations for all Douglas County citizens.
- Maintain safe roadway infrastructure; resurfacing, right of way management, bridge and guardrail.
- Manage planning & programming activities for county transportation initiatives.
- Install & maintain signs, pavement markings, & traffic signals.
- Study and continuously optimize traffic operations performance.
- Manage transportation planning, design and construction projects.
If you have road concerns, such as potholes or sinkholes, you may email email@example.com
or call 678 626 0158. TRAFFIC SIGNALS
To report Traffic Signal Malfunction, please call 404 787 6324 - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, holidays included. If email is preferred, please send concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org STREET SIGNS
To report STOP or YIELD signs down or missing, please call 404 456 2127 immediately from the hours of 8am-5pm during normal business hours. After 5 pm, please direct calls to 911.
All other street sign issues may be called anytime to 770 920 7572 or emailed to email@example.com
24 hours a day. STREET LIGHTS
For all issues associated with street lights (such as outages), please call your local power provider:
Georgia Power: 888 891 0938 or visit https://customerservice.southerncompany.com/Outage/StreetLight.aspx
Greystone Power: 866 473 9786 or visit https://forms.greystonepower.com/forms/wss/form84.html
2019 PAVEMENT CONDITION ASSESSMENT.
These lists provide a relative comparison of road pavement conditions. Pavement condition index (PCI) is 0 to 100 with 0 being poor & 100 being excellent. Downloadable road list in alphabetical order and by District are located on the right or you can click the links here: Assessment All Roads Alphabetical order , Roadway Assessments District 1, Roadway Assessments District 2, Roadway Assessments District 3, Roadway Assessments District 4
The 2020 RESURFACING LIST construction to start summer 2020.
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT PROJECT UPDATES
RESIDENTIAL DRIVEWAY PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Please find the Residential Driveway Permit Application located on the right as a Downloadable Document. You can complete this and email it email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to Traffic Operations located on the First Floor of the Douglas County Courthouse at 8700 Hospital Dr, Douglasville, GA 30134 (located in Development Services).
GDOT PROJECT UPDATES
- LEE ROAD WIDENING PROJECT, PHASE II: SOUTH FROM I-20 TO SR 92 (FAIRBURN ROAD): Right-of-way acquisitions are complete; GDOT let date for construction unknown
- LEE ROAD PHASE I: 1-20 TO US HWY 78 (VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY)
Currently not funded
- STEWART MILL RD @ REYNOLDS RD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT: Right of Way acquisition underway, construction date unknown
- BRIGHT STAR ROAD AT JOHN WEST ROAD INTERSECTION IMPROVMENT PROJECT: Construction currently underway
- MAXHAM ROAD CONGESTION AND TRAFFIC FLOW IMPROVEMENT PROJECT from SR 6 (Thornton Rd) to Tree Terrace: Construction currently underway
- DORRIS ROAD/SWEETWATER CHURCH ROAD/HIGHPOINT RD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT: Construction currently underway
- WHITESTONE BLVD. CULVERT REPLACEMENT: Construction currently underway
- I-20 BRIDGE REHABILITATION PROJECT LIBERTY RD OVER I-20, TYSON RD OVER I-20, SOUTH BURNT HICKORY RD OVER I-20 AND N COUNTY LINE RD OVER I-20. For more details see Latest News on SIDEBAR.
- POST ROAD BRIDGE REPLACEMENT: Right-of-way acquisition complete, GDOT let date for construction unknown
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
DOUGLAS COUNTY DOT ADMINISTRATION STAFF
- For roads within the City of Douglasville, please call 770 920 3005 or visit www.douglasvillega.gov.
- For roads which are State Routes (SR5, SR92, SR6, SR 166, & Hwy 78), call 404 559 6699 or 770 986 1011 or visit http://www.dot.ga.gov/AboutGDOT/Districts and select: Douglas/District 7.
- For information about the SR92 Relocation Project, call 770 920 3000 or visit www.gahwy92.com
- For travel and road conditions, call 877 694 2511 from a landline, dial 511 from your cell phone or visit www.georgia-navigator.com.
- For all drainage and storm water issues call the Douglasville-Douglas County Water and Sewer Authority at 770 949 7617 or visit http://www.ddcwsa.com/.
- For Douglas County School Bus routes and to report an issue, call 770 651 2400.
- For information about local Van Pools, Rideshare, and the GRTA Xpress bus services, call 770 949 7665.
- For information about Georgia Drivers Licenses, call 678 413 8400 or visit http://www.dds.ga.gov/.
- For all Douglas County government related questions, call the Board of Commissioner's helpdesk at 770 949 2000.
770 920 4932
Pam Austin, Administrative Assistant
770 920 4924
Mihaela Valeanu, Land Acquisition Coordinator
770 920 7340
Jack Burnside, Program Delivery Engineer
678 449 3972
Todd Perkins,Construction/Utility Engineer
678 626 5643
John Dantzler, Utility Permit & Construction Inspector
678 449 3966
ATLANTA REGIONAL COMMISSION
PLAN 2040: REGIONAL LAND DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION PLAN
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is updating its regional land development and transportation plan, PLAN 2040. It has currently, and will have throughout the year, a series of online public meetings for those who want to access how this plan impacts them and to give us feedback at their convenience. Please visit the ARC website at www.AtlantaRegional.com/Transportation/Plan-2040 to get information and provide feedback on Plan 2040.
TITLE VI COMPLIANCE