Clerk of Superior & State Court
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglas County Courthouse, 3rd floor, Judicial
Douglasville, Georgia 30134
I am married to a wonderful husband of 36 plus years, Happy Howard. We have a son, Brad, daughter-in-law, Jordyn, daughter, Brooke, son-in-law, Brennan, all who live in Douglas County. We also have three wonderful grandchildren, Reagan, Ryleigh and Breck..
I have been working in the Clerk of Superior Court's Office since 1994. I have worked in almost every position in the office from deeds, record room, criminal docketing, court room calendar clerk, chief deputy and now the elected Clerk since 2013.
My husband is pastor of our church and we also serve our community through our church.
I have attended the mandated clerk's training since 2013, twice a year. During that time, I have achieved my Certificate of Completion through the University of Georgia, Carl Vinson Institute of Government, by completing 72 hours of curriculum for the Superior Court Clerks Certificate Program.
I try to visit different Clerk's Offices to glean ideas from their office and bring back to our office. This is very helpful, especially if we have the same Case Management System.
Professional Accomplishments and Goals
During my time as Clerk, I have accomplished the following:
- Deed Books are available online back to 1871 at no cost to the taxpayers. I was able to get every deed book in the record room scanned and now available for the citizens to view and print from the convenience of their home.
- Minute Books: scanned and in our system so that in case of a disaster, the records are protected.
- DD-214: we are in the process of scanning these into our system so they too will be protected in case of a disaster.
- New Jury Management System: this system will keep the history of any juror, when they were summoned, if they were excused, deferred, etc.
- Partial Payments: we began a program for citizens to make partial payments on tickets.
- E-filing: civil, criminal, warrants and plats. I am working towards e-filing deeds.
- Short-term goal is to convert over two million images from microfilm (civil and criminal cases) to a pdf and separate them by case number. The microfilm sleeves are wearing and tearing and will not last forever. This will also protect our records from a disaster.
Documents or websites for public view
All of the documents and websites listed on celebratedouglascounty.com website, under Departments, Clerk of Superior Court, on the right-hand side. These are all important for public view.